Youth Leadership Programs
- Little Ninjas (ages 3 – 6)
- Youth (ages 7 – 12)
- Teens (ages 13 – 17)
At the Forge Martial Arts Academy we focus on four pillars of character growth (Leadership, Integrity, Discipline, and Physical and Mental health). We specifically designed a program for each age group to grow in these vital areas of life, so they will be able to effectively handle peer pressure (bullying), and become leaders they admire. They will be learning skills to defend themselves in a variety of realistic situations using Brazilian Jiujitsu, boxing, Sanda, Judo, and other forms of martial arts. While developing skills in martial arts and self-defense, your child will simultaneously be developing skills in
- communication to themselves and others
- teamwork; learning how to lead teams as well as be a supporting team member
- service to their friends, family, and community
- taking initiative and having the confidence to do so powerfully
- being accountable for promises and actions both inside and outside the school
- Keeping and being in communication around agreements (what they give their word to)
- Being held accountable for their responsibilities inside and outside of the school
- Being respectful both to themselves as well as others while staying true to what they stand for.
- Practice in self control
- Become more efficient at time management
- Have more freedom to do the things they love while accomplishing all their other chores/tasks at home
- Self-sacrifice when necessary to do so
- Increased focus on tasks at hand
- Mentally resilient to
Adult Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Submission Wrestling
Ages 17-All the way up
Get a great full body workout, lose weight, and learn a very practical martial art and competitive sport. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a great way to challenge yourself, and to grow in your own personal life and journey. Once a strong self-defense foundation has been achieved, more sportive aspects will be taught. At the Forge we work hard to create a safe, supportive environment where everyone can learn and grow. We offer traditional Brazilian Jiu Jitsu with Judo elements, practiced in a gi or kimono, as well as no gi, submission wrestling, practiced in workout gear.
Practice and perfect your punches, kicks, knees, and elbows using a variety of partner drills, and focus mitts. This class is a great place to start if you have no previous martial arts experience and are looking for a fun, hard workout that tones and shapes your body while learning how to kick butt. Boxing gloves are required and it is recommend students to use handwraps.